Under the direct supervision of the CEO, the VP of Real Estate & Operations will be responsible for setting real estate strategy and managing all LifeMoves operations and facilities.
- Lead the creation of strategic real estate facilities plan which will include the evaluation and expansion of LM facilities portfolio
- Oversee and manage $41M real estate portfolio of 17 facilities across San Mateo and Santa Clara counties; develop and implement facilities process improvements.
- Review annual operating budgets to insure implementation of multi-year plans; lead capital planning for facilities; track budget for real estate projects
- Communicate with Program management about upcoming and ongoing facility and operational projects
- Maintain LM vehicle fleet and analyze/plan for agency transportation needs
- Oversee and enhance agency wide Food Services program
- Work collaboratively to create and refine operations reporting procedures, database and other informational systems to collect data, track projects, enhance communication
- Negotiate land and facility lease/purchase agreements and coordinate renovation projects. Select and manage performance of architects, consultants, engineers, contractors and other project specialists, including contract negotiations
- Coordinate representation before public agencies and community organizations, including developing and maintaining strong relationships with government representatives and making presentations in front of government entities as well as neighbor stakeholders
- Manage preparation and processing of all necessary entitlement applications and other required approvals in coordination with project team
- Represent LM to stakeholders, partners, lenders, property managers, vendors, residents and community members as needed
- Perform site inspections and oversee physical risk management, including review of insurance policy coverage
- Collaborate with Development and Program teams to ensure the success of major volunteer efforts at sites
- Complete other tasks as assigned related to real estate asset management, policy development, budgets, planning, maintenance of records and systems and administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Urban Planning, Construction Management or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in construction/real estate development, facilities management, and/or real estate finance/planning
- Advanced knowledge of asset and property management principles and practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; effective with diverse audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Excel at multi-tasking with various projects and deadlines; attention to detail a must
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Committed to the needs of our clients and belief in their ability to be successful in rapidly returning to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency
- Team Oriented: Able to collaborate and cooperate to find solutions that produce measurable results
- Responsive: Able to effectively and professionally represent the organization in interactions with community stakeholders
How to Apply
Please e-mail a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title in the subject line and send resume and cover letter as attachments. We do not accept phone calls.
Salary commensurate with experience. LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)