Under the direct supervision of the VP of Strategy, Operations, and Technology and in coordination with the CEO, the Senior Asset Manager will be responsible for the design and implementation of real estate and facility strategies and for maintaining LifeMove’s high quality assets (17 facilities). In addition, the Senior Asset Manager will be responsible for ensuring that there is a strong system of oversight of the physical, fiscal and regulatory operations of the Agency’s existing housing assets.
Identify, evaluate and recommend capital improvement and replacement projects in the agency’s operating portfolio, including potential energy efficiency retrofits.
- Maintain LifeMoves property/land inventory and handle all associated land development functions to include the identification and acquisition of property to support strategic site building goals.
- Work collaboratively to create and refine reporting procedures, database and other informational systems to collect data, track projects, enhance communication and distribute to LifeMoves management.
- Review annual operating budgets to insure implementation of multi-year plans.
- Lead and perform due diligence on proposed new acquisitions, including contracting with consultants and engineers.
- Research partnership agreements, financing documents, regulatory agreements, tax returns, and other source documents to determine constraints and barriers to long-term needs.
- Negotiate land and facility lease/purchase agreements and coordinate renovation projects. Select and manage performance of architects, consultants, engineers, contractors and other project specialists, including contract negotiations, in coordination with the V.P. of Strategy and Operations.
- Coordinate representation before public agencies and community organizations, including developing and maintaining strong relationships with government representatives and making presentations in front of government entities as well as neighbor stakeholders.
- Manage preparation and processing of all necessary entitlement applications and other required approvals in coordination with project team.
- Represent LifeMoves to stakeholders, partners, lenders, property managers, vendors, residents and community members as needed.
- Perform site inspections and oversee physical risk management, including review of insurance policy coverage
- Complete other tasks as assigned related to real estate asset management, policy development, budgets, planning, maintenance of records and systems and administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Urban Planning, Construction Management or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in construction/real estate development, real estate finance, or planning.
- Advanced knowledge of asset and property management principles and practices. Excellent written and oral communication skills; effective with diverse audiences. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Excel at multi-tasking with various projects and deadlines; attention to detail a must. Strong organization and time management skills.
- Committed to the needs of our clients and belief in their ability to be successful in rapidly returning to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency.
- Team Oriented: Able to collaborate and cooperate to find solutions that produce measurable results.
- Responsive: Able to effectively and professionally represent the organization in interactions with community stakeholders.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Include the job title in the subject line and send resume and cover letter as attachments. We do not accept phone calls. Salary commensurate with experience.
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)