LifeMoves is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter and supportive services across Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Peninsula. As a results-driven organization, since 1987, our mission has been to provide interim housing and supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency. Our successful therapeutic service model combines clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy. LifeMoves operates over 15 major sites from San Jose to Daly City.
LifeMoves staff are dedicated to serving our community. Diverse in background, outlook and life experience, our team addresses important social issues with passion and creativity. A culture of collaboration and innovation provides a thriving and successful environment for all. We foster personal growth through ongoing investment in the professional development of our staff. Together, we are committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and helping our clients achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
The Annual Giving Manager is responsible for developing and managing the strategy of a comprehensive annual giving program focused on individuals with estimated giving capacity up to $1,000. This established annual giving program will contribute over $800,000 to the organization’s total revenues in 2018-2019 fiscal year, increasing annually.
- Develop the strategy, content, messaging and timeline of multi-channel donor communications and annual fund campaigns
- Collaborate with Marketing team and outside consultants and vendors as necessary
- Design and implement a well-thought out stewardship plan and process with a keen appreciation for the foundation of annual giving as the enabling component of successful major gift programs
- Expand the annual fund and manage other annual giving vehicles to engage a broad spectrum of individuals, community and faith based organizations
- Cultivate and solicit a personal portfolio to move these prospects towards established goals, working collaboratively with other members of Individual Giving and Development teams
- Partner with development operations on data tracking and analysis to inform annual giving strategies
- Regularly attend and make group presentations to engage, educate and cultivate diverse audiences of LifeMoves
- Manage community group relationships and grant application processes. Leverage existing events to grow and advance the strategic goals of the organization
- Help LifeMoves stay abreast of best practices and successful trends in successful annual giving
- Direct and oversee the activities of the summer Development intern including workload prioritization and professional development
- Serve as staff liaison and advisor to the LifeMoves NextGen (young professionals) Advisory Board
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of increasing responsibility in a Development or related role
- Demonstrate strong knowledge base of annual giving programs, including direct mail and online campaign/mass marketing experience
- Strong analytical and research skills
- High level of capability with Microsoft Office Suite, donor database software (Salesforce preferred), and online marketing and email platforms (Classy and Campaign Monitor preferred)
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently, while also being a dependable team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and strong planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Flexible – ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Reliable transportation and access to personal vehicle required
To Apply: Please submit a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title in the subject line and send resume and cover letter as attachments.
We have a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, etc.
To learn more about our non-profit organization, check out our website at www.lifemoves.org
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)