LifeMoves is seeking a highly motivated Case Manager to serve single adults in emergency and transitional housing at Maple Street Shelter in Redwood City. Under the supervision of the Program Director, Case Managers act as strong supports and advocates for clients, with the ultimate goal of helping them attain stable housing and self-sufficiency. Their responsibilities include developing and implementing individual case plans for a caseload of clients, as well as assisting the Program Director to maintain the facilities and develop program services.
Case Manager Position Duties:
- Develops, implements and revises individual case plans and consistently monitors progress toward client goals
- Case Manager will provide on-going case management functions in accordance with case/treatment plan
- Communicate appropriately as needed with probation officers, social workers and family members
- Participates actively as a team member in supporting clients and the facility as needed
- Stay current and knowledgeable about external community resources, referrals and service linkages
- Provides crisis management for clients; makes linkages for interventions as appropriate
- Facilitate at least one clinical or life skills group in addition to morning group
- Maintains client and program records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations, grant requirements, etc.
- Maintains a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships, and professional stature
- Participates in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in area(s) of expertise
- Attends weekly case consultation meetings and monthly training(s); meet regularly with supervisor to exchange pertinent information and receive supervision
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or related field, with a minimum of two years’ case management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to collaborate with community partners
- Understanding of the issues faced by homeless individuals and other marginalized populations in crisis
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Experience working with mentally ill and dual diagnosed clients highly desirable
- Bi-lingual Spanish language capabilities a plus
To Apply: Please submit a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title in the subject line and send resume and cover letter as attachments.
We have a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, etc.
To learn more about our non-profit organization, check out our website at www.lifemoves.org
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)