LifeMoves is currently seeking experienced, motivated and team orientated Floating Master of Social Work Clinical Case Managers. The successful candidates will be provide a full range of case management services on floating basis in either San Mateo or Santa Clara counties. LifeMoves Case Managers work collaboratively with staff and clients, with the goal of developing self-sufficiency and identifying and securing permanent housing for those we serve. This role will also have the opportunity provide field instruction for students in LifeMoves’ MSW internship program.
MSW, Clinical Case Manager Position Duties:
- Develops, implements and revises individual case plans and consistently monitors clients’ progress toward goals
- Ensure regular communication with probation officers, social workers, and family members, regarding client’s treatment progress, etc., when appropriate.
- Works with supervisory assistance to evaluate recommendation on client extension appeals and grievances
- Consults and cooperates with community systems to facilitate linkage, referral, crisis management, advocacy, and follow up with the focus on attaining treatment goals
- Leads a minimum of two clinical or life skills group
- Maintains client and program records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations, grant requirements, etc.
- Maintains a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships, and professional stature
- Participates in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in area(s) of expertise
- Attends weekly case consultation meetings and monthly training(s); meet regularly with supervisor to exchange pertinent information and receive supervision
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Field Instructor Position Duties:
- Serve as field instructor for up to 5 MSW student interns. This may including supervising students at Clinical Case Manager’s own site in day-to-day task management, and/or students at other sites who have an additional task manager onsite.
- Create learning agreements and complete evaluations in collaboration with each student and their university.
- Provide weekly individual supervision to offer clinical consultation, oversight, and training.
- Provide ongoing, regular training and feedback to interns around case management responsibilities.
- Consult and meet with university field liaisons around intern progress once per semester or as needed.
- Consult with and follow directives of site Program Director and MSW Program Manager as appropriate.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) and two years post-MSW experience working in the field of social work required
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with homeless individuals and other marginalized populations in crisis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to collaborate with other agencies
- Experience working with clients with mental health and dual diagnoses
- Understanding of the issues faced by disenfranchised populations
- Reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual capabilities are helpful
How to Apply
Please e-mail a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title in the subject line and send resume and cover letter as attachments. We do not accept phone calls.
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)