LifeMoves hosts two programs: aSummer Intern Programfor ~30 undergraduate students from colleges and universities across the United States and a seven week STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) Summer Programfor clients ages 5-15 living at four transitional shelter sites. The Education Department at LifeMoves is looking for an Educational Programming Assistant to support the coordination and planning of these programs. The appointment is flexible, but can last from December to May 2019.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- marketing and advertising the Summer Intern Program on social media
- scheduling and conducting up to three rounds of phone screening interviews
- communicating with other LifeMoves departments to coordinate subsequent in-person interviews
- planning Leadership Development trips and events
- helping design orientation week in early summer
- maintaining Education Department website and Salesforce database
- coordinating events and field trips for the STEAM Summer Program (e.g. booking venues, reserving buses, etc.)
- establishing supply orders and organizing deliveries
- assisting with special projects within the Education Department as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential
- Proven ability to collaborate with other agencies
- Experience working with at-risk, low-income families preferred
- Knowledge of populations experiencing homelessness, mental health, substance abuse, and other disabilities highly valued
- Strong work ethic; comfortable working independently, detail orientated, and a self-starter
- Automobile and valid driver’s license strongly preferred.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and brief cover letter. Include the job title in the subject line and send resume and cover letter as attachments.
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).