LifeMoves seeks a self-directed individual with a proven track record of stewarding long-term relationships and securing financial resources to serve as a Gift Officer. The Officer is responsible for effective strategies and systems for raising significant gifts from individual donors. H/she carries a portfolio of established donors and meets a specific personal revenue goal. S/he is a highly collaborative member of the senior management team for Development and fulfills a primary role in the organization’s individual giving strategy. The Officer also works closely with some Board members to help them achieve their fundraising responsibilities.
- Develop and execute personalized strategies for individual donors.
- Partner with Marketing Department to plan and design strategic cultivation and stewardship events and fundraising appeals.
- Emphasize the identification and cultivation of major donor prospects ($5,000+), utilizing 1-on-1 visits, agency activities and events, program staff, Board members, as well as the CEO to achieve growth targets. Relationship manager for a personal portfolio of donors, developing and implementing strategies to move these prospects towards established goals, choreographing cultivation moves, working collaboratively with other staff and volunteers as appropriate and ensuring timely follow-through.
- In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer and V.P. of Development, recommend and implement strategies to increase giving from assigned individual donors.
- Work closely with CEO and Board members, providing them with fundraising support and coaching for their identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gifts, always treating donors with the utmost in courtesy and respect.
- Ensure all donors receive appropriate, prompt acknowledgement and updates on the impact that their gifts have made.
- Stay informed and knowledgeable about programs, maintaining the capacity to share our successes with donors, volunteers, and the community.
- With support from Development Operations team, measure, track and report progress against revenue targets and other established metrics (such as new donors, retained donors, cultivation moves, etc.).
- Compelling and inspirational communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 – 7 years’ work experience in fundraising and/or sales.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and build relationships with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with excellent follow-through
- Values-driven individual with track record of achievement and proven ability to innovate and manage towards ambitious goals.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team effort.
- Ability to stay current on industry trends, to think creatively and propose new ways to engage donors.
- Comfortable externally representing the organization.
- Familiarity with AFP professional fundraising standards.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Include the job title in the subject line and send resume and cover letter as attachments. We do not accept phone calls.
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)