Position Summary: The Gift Officer will be an integral part of the Individual Giving team and is responsible for developing and managing the strategy of a comprehensive major gifts program focused on individuals with an estimated giving capacity of $1000-$5000. The role includes opportunities to fundraise through individual solicitation, special events, volunteer activities that will contribute over $4.1M to the organization’s total revenues in 2018-2019 fiscal year, increasing annually.
- Manage a portfolio of 125-150 donors ($1000 +) to expand the base of support from “middle” level donors
- Create individual stewardship and cultivation plans for each donor and conduct effective site visits and face to face meetings, incorporating planned and complex gift opportunities when possible
- Work with Programs, Marketing and Grants teams to create gift proposals and stewardship reports
- Ensure all donors receive appropriate, prompt acknowledgement and updates on the impact of their gifts
- Regularly attend and make group presentations to engage, educate and cultivate diverse audiences of LifeMoves
- Manage a portfolio of community group relationships and grant application processes. Leverage existing events to grow and advance the strategic goals of the organization
- Maintain accurate and timely reports of all interactions with donors in our CRM (Salesforce)
- With support from Development Operations team, measure, track and report progress against revenue targets and other established metrics for Annual Fund
- Actively participate in Development team meetings and other ad-hoc meetings as requested
- Help LifeMoves stay abreast of best practices and successful trends in major gifts donor strategy
- Direct and oversee the activities of the Development volunteers including workload prioritization and professional development
- Stay informed and knowledgeable about programs, maintaining the capacity to share our successes with donors, volunteers, and the community
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of active solicitation and demonstrated success in major-gifts fundraising with a focus on prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and build relationships with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- High level of capability with Microsoft Office Suite, donor database software (Salesforce preferred)
- Values-driven individual with track record of achievement and proven ability to innovate and manage towards ambitious goals
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team effort
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Reliable transportation and access to personal vehicle required
Please e-mail a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title in the subject line and send resume and cover letter as attachments. We do not accept phone calls.
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)