LifeMoves is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter and supportive services across Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Peninsula. As a results-driven organization, since 1987, our mission has been to provide interim housing and supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency. Our successful therapeutic service model combines clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy. LifeMoves operates over 15 major sites from San Jose to Daly City.
LifeMoves staff are dedicated to serving our community. Diverse in background, outlook and life experience, our team addresses important social issues with passion and creativity. A culture of collaboration and innovation provides a thriving and successful environment for all. We foster personal growth through ongoing investment in the professional development of our staff. Together, we are committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and helping our clients achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
Position Summary: The Outreach Case Manager will work throughout San Mateo County identifying unsheltered homeless people residing in homeless encampments and other places not meant for human habitation. The Outreach Case Manager will utilize a multidisciplinary approach to engage the hardest to serve homeless in an effort to connect them to services. Responsibilities include providing outreach and intensive case management to unsheltered homeless individuals, perform screening assessments, make appropriate referrals, connect clients to social services, and keep up-to date case files.
- The Outreach Case Manager will be in the field 70% of the time
- Provide outreach and intensive case management services to unsheltered homeless individuals
- Identify target population, perform screening assessments, make appropriate referrals, and provide linkage to primary care, mental health, short term residential stabilization, and other social services offered through the continuum of care (CoC)
- Develops, implements and revises individual case plans and consistently monitors progress toward client goals
- Provide on-going supportive and/or case management functions in accordance with the case/treatment plan
- Communicate appropriately as needed with probation officers, social workers and family members
- Participates actively as a team member in supporting clients and the facility as needed
- Maintains client and program records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations, grant requirements, etc.
- Maintains a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships, and professional stature
- Participates in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in area(s) of expertise
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or related field, with a minimum of two years’ case management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to collaborate with community partners
- Understanding of the issues faced by homeless individuals and other marginalized populations in crisis
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Experience working with mentally ill and dually diagnosed clients highly desirable
- Bi-lingual Spanish language capabilities a plus
To Apply: Please submit a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Include the job title in the subject line and send resume and cover letter as attachments.
We have a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, etc.
To learn more about our non-profit organization, check out our website at www.lifemoves.org
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)