LifeMoves is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter and supportive services across Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Peninsula. As a results-driven organization, since 1987, our mission has been to provide interim housing and supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency. Our successful therapeutic service model combines clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy. LifeMoves operates over 15 major sites from San Jose to Daly City.
LifeMoves staff are dedicated to serving our community. Diverse in background, outlook and life experience, our team addresses important social issues with passion and creativity. A culture of collaboration and innovation provides a thriving and successful environment for all. We foster personal growth through ongoing investment in the professional development of our staff. Together, we are committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and helping our clients achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
LifeMoves seeks a professional and dynamic Program Manager to oversee a new program designed to serve Transitional Age Youth (18-24) identifying with the LGBTQ community. Under the direction of the Associate VP of Programs & Services, the Program Manager is responsible for the day to day management and operations of New Haven Inn. The Program Manager supervises staff, interns, and volunteers, and is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality services that enable clients to achieve stable housing and self-sufficiency
- Develop appropriate program procedures, policies, and forms and ensure their implementation
- In collaboration with the Associate VP of Programs & Services develop and implement annual program plan and annual budget
- Coordinate program development in the following areas: job development, follow-up program, donations, food services, volunteers, recreational activities for clients, and other areas as needed
- Supervise case management staff and, at times, provide direct services to clients
- Ensure development and facilitation of, workshops, and support groups as needed
- Address client appeals and grievances
- Bachelors in Psychology, Sociology or other humanities field required; Masters in Social Work or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of non-profit management experience
- Experience developing, managing, evaluating and operating programs serving homeless populations
- Strong written and oral communication, personnel management, conflict resolution, and clinical supervision skills are necessary.
- Strong knowledge of substance abuse and relapse prevention, mental health issues, and domestic violence is required.
- Lived experience in the LGBTQ+ community preferred
To Apply: Please submit a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title in the subject line and send resume and cover letter as attachments.
We have a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, etc.
To learn more about our non-profit organization, check out our website at www.lifemoves.org
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)