LifeMoves is seeking energetic and passionate candidates to serve as Residential Counselors throughout our site based programs and services. The Residential Counselors primary role and responsibility is to provide safety supervision to program participants; and, work collaboratively with other staff in assisting clients towards the goals of stable housing and long-term self sufficiency. Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong attention to detail, multi-tasking, diplomatic limit setting and self-starter attitude. Duties include, but are not limited to: client exit and entry supervision, monitor client activities ensuring program rules are adhered, answering phones, accepting donations and helping maintain cordial neighborhood relations.
Residential Counselor Openings:
- Montgomery Street Inn provides emergency housing for men | PT, Day Sat/Sun; PT, Swing Sat/Sun
- Julian Street Inn provides emergency housing for men and women | FT, Swing Thursday – Sunday; PT, Swing Fri/Sat/Sun; PT, Grave Saturday;
- New Haven Inn (LGBTQ+ & TAY focused) provides emergency housing for men and women | FT, Day Monday-Friday; FT, Swing Thursday-Sunday; PT, Grave Monday;
- Relief/On-Call Needed For All Shifts at All Sites
Residential Counselor Qualifications:
This is an entry level position that will help you gain real life work experience working with the homeless and serving marginalized populations. We are seeking passionate, team orientated individuals who have a real desire to serve our community and help fight against homelessness.
- A minimum of high school diploma or GED required.
- A BA/BS in Social Services, Education a plus.
- Personal or professional experience/education working with mental health clients a plus.
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking preferred, but not mandatory
- Starting hourly rate $17-18
How to Apply
Please e-mail a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Include the job title in the subject line and send resume and cover letter as attachments. We do not accept phone calls.
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)